Air Handling Unit & Coil Cleaning
Manufactures recommendations are full regular visual inspections along with the following cleaning program;
QUATERLY 6 MONTHLY ANNUALLY
Air filters Condense tray Unit compartments
Coils Blower fan
More frequent cleaning may be required if extreme conditions cause clogging or fouling of air passage or internal compartments begin to show signs of mold.
Common poor maintance issues:
- -- Increased instances of sick building syndrome: inhaling high concentrations of molds, yeasts, bacteria and their spores and toxins is the most common cause of sick building syndrome.
- -- Dirty condense trays and fan chambers - spread gems, bacteria and viruses
- -- Fan dust and debris build up - overheating, burn outs and worn bearings
- -- Blocked coils - reduce air flow, heating and cooling efficiency
- -- Component failure - resulting in system failure
- -- Blocked filters - obstruct air flow, noise issues
- -- Damaged coil fins – Restricted air flow
- -- Increased buildup of dust and debris in ventilation system
- -- Staff or visitors feeling either hot or cold
- -- Increased operating costs
- -- Spread of bad odors
- -- Expensive repair bill
- -- Poor air quality
- -- Water leaks
- -- Dirty grilles
The condense tray is a growing ground for all types of Bacteria and other micro-organisms which create bad smells, cause allergic reactions and spreads disease.
Legionnaires disease has been documented to be found in HVAC condense tray.
The Workplace (Heath, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 requires; that effective provision should be made to ensure that every enclosed workplace is ventilated by a sufficient quantity of fresh or purified air. Where this ventilation is provided by mechanical means the Regulations require those mechanical ventilation systems to be maintained (including cleaned as appropriate) in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair. Failure to carry out these duties is a breach of the Regulations.
Health and Safety at Work Act 1974; lays down that employers or persons concerned with premises owe the “common duty of care” both to employers and others who may use or visit the premises. They are required to exercise this duty “so far as is reasonably practicable.
PPM cleaning will detect faults within your system before any Mechanical or Electrical failure occurs.
When cleaning coils we use a ranging PSI output of between 40-140 PSI at 0.25-1 GPM causing no damage to coil unlike other companies who use industrial high powered power washers which will cause damage.
HVAC HYGIENICS use only user friendly, non-harmful, non-corrosive, non-acidic, and non-fuming cleaning fluids allowing it to be used in any occupied areas and safely washed down drains causing no effect to the surrounding area or wild life.
*In some instances filters which haven’t been maintained for long periods of time may need replacing.
*HVAC HYGIENICS can purchase many different air filter types through one of our many suppliers